Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Philadelphia, Through the Lense of an Eclectic Italian

Some of you probably read the title and thought "Someone's going through an identity crisis..." Fortunately for, well everyone, I'm fully aware that there I don't hail from the beautiful land of Montafiascone (and Destin, Florida).
Meet your temporary new eyes. This girl isn't just one of the most unique and carefree individuals you'll ever meet, she is also one of the people that can claim membership in the group of amazing people I call my best friend. Not only is she fun intelligent and insanely gorgeous, Anna is incredibly talented. (BTW that's Ahhnna as in Anna from Frozen)

So why did I decide to steal her amazing pictures? Because Anna sees beauty in everything and has a love for her friends and life that really comes to light through the photos she takes. So I urge you to go grab a cup of tea, your favorite sweet treat, and enjoy Philadelphia through the eyes of my Eclectic Italian Anna.
With Anna behind the camera a smile is as genuinely goofy as it should be.

Center City from the lamp lined streets of Old City.

I find myself obsessing over this picture every time. I think it captures the fact that Philadelphia is a personal city, although by no means is it small, pictures like this capture how truly intimate the Philadelphia experience truly is. *rant over*
Wisdom in every nook and cranny.
Sometimes all we have to do is look up to realize how big the world of possibilities can be.
If you don't have a picture of the "LOVE" sign were you really in Philadelphia?

And finally a full view of the beautiful city that has captured my heart and given me a new home.
Philadelphia truly is a magical city and I can't imagine myself anywhere else. The history, the culture, the food, the fashion, the sports and the passion intertwine themselves with each other to create a city like no other. It may not have the glitz and glam of LA or the fame and worldly lure of NYC, but its there, hiding between skyscrapers, pressed into cobblestone, brewing in a back kitchen and beating in the hearts of the strong-minded and strong-willed people who call Philadelphia home. But just like famed underdog Rocky Balboa, Philadelphia is a fighting city with heart, integrity and a determination that can't be rivaled.

Thank you so much for scrolling for days! The focus for next year and even this summer is to get more pictures and show you guys the city through different sets of eyes and different lenses. (Even I get tired of myself!)

Stay Phree. Stay Phierce.
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment